I was recently interviewed by John Jantsch for the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, We’re talking about my latest book — Stealing Genuis: The Seven Levels of Adaptive Innovation.
Improvement is not innovation and innovation is essential if your aim is to survive in today’s business environment. Fixating on improvement in today’s world is a dangerous path—one that ultimately leads to commoditization and irrelevance. In this episode, I talk with author, Steve Miller, about innovating in today’s business world by creating powerful, uncopyable experiences for your target customer.
Questions John asked me:
- [2:34] What does ‘Stealing Genuis’ mean?
- [6:29] What is adaptive innovation?
- [9:39] How do you advise people?
- [14:43] What are some of the ways to know if something innovative is going to be a big risk and not turn off customers?
- [16:23] Do you have a couple of examples of companies that you think are just routinely good at innovation?
- [19:06] Where can more people find out about you and your work?
- Get a copy of his book — Stealing Genuis: The Seven Levels of Adaptive Innovation